These instructions are meant to be a general guide. Your steps may differ, depending on web browser used, version of web browser, any zipping software installed on the computer, and other factors.
Microsoft Internet Explorer / Edge:
A window will open, asking what you want to do with the file.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
After completing step 1, the file should begin downloading to your computer. You may see the file in the lower-left corner of the browser window. The file is saved to the location specified in your settings for downloads (often the Downloads folder).
Unzip the Files
A pop-up box opens to show the progress. When the files are unzipped, the pop-up box will close and the files will be available in the location you specify.
Remember, there’s usually more than one day to do something on the computer. If you prefer a different method, feel free to use it.
- Describe the four purposes of hardware
- Connect peripherals
- Maximize data input efficiency
- Compare touchscreens to non-touchscreens
- Explain the purpose of an Ethernet port
- Describe the purpose of a device driver
- Compare and contrast storage types
- Identify the purpose of an operating system
- Differentiate between operating systems, programs, and device drivers
- Compare and contrast command line and graphical user interfaces
- Navigate a graphical user interface
- Identify different types of networks
- Differentiate the Internet from its services
- Describe types of networking software
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Identify network security best practices
- Name files and folders appropriately
- Work with file extensions
- Customize a folder view
- Navigate folders using File Explorer
- Locate personal folders
- Search your devices for files and applications
- Refine searches
- Create a complex search engine string
- Read a Google search result
- Identify intellectual property
- Locate media that are free to reuse
- Devise a backup plan
- Use your computer's default backup program
- Synchronize files to the cloud
- Compare cloud storage services