These instructions are meant to be a general guide. Your steps may differ, depending on web browser used, version of web browser, any zipping software installed on the computer, and other factors.
Microsoft Internet Explorer / Edge:
A window will open, asking what you want to do with the file.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
After completing step 1, the file should begin downloading to your computer. You may see the file in the lower-left corner of the browser window. The file is saved to the location specified in your settings for downloads (often the Downloads folder).
Unzip the Files
A pop-up box opens to show the progress. When the files are unzipped, the pop-up box will close and the files will be available in the location you specify.
Remember, there’s usually more than one day to do something on the computer. If you prefer a different method, feel free to use it.
- Log in to the computer using a username and a password
- Describe the basic layout of the Windows Desktop screen
- Use the mouse to right-click and drag
- Work with the Start menu
- Shut down the computer correctly
- Minimize, maximize, resize, and move app windows
- Use touch controls
- Describe the basic features of the Windows 11 taskbar
- Multitask effectively using the taskbar
- Access commands using the notification area
- Use the Action Center
- Use common features found in drop-down menus, on toolbars and Ribbons, and on scroll bars
- Use the mouse effectively as the appearance and function of the mouse pointer changes
- Type and edit text in an app
- Cut or copy text and then paste it into another location
- Save files or copies of files on OneDrive
- Create new folders and subfolders for organizing your files
- Move or copy folders and files from one location to another
- Delete folders and files and, if necessary, restore them from the Recycle Bin
- Use OneDrive to store your files and folders
- Upload to and download from OneDrive
- Search your computer using the new Search program
- Change the screen resolution and Desktop background
- Change the power options
- Update Windows 11